08 April 2012

His Sacred Name

I taught the Easter lesson today to all my Young Women. They are such wonderful girls and I love and admire each one of them and their strengths, talents, personalities and testimonies.

This video that the church produced was perfect for the last part of my lesson. Before showing the girls the video, we spent some time reading each scripture and discussing the different things that either happened to the Savior, or His actions. I made a bookmark (printed just smaller than scripture size) for each of the Young Women and had them fill in the blanks after we read each verse. (The photo in the background was one I took when we did a stake youth service project last December at St. Judes Ranch.)

At first, everyone was excited about Easter, and candy, and visiting amongst themselves, and I was worried that it might be difficult to be able to feel a reverence that this lesson deserved. But after reading just a few verses, there was a peace that settled in over the room and it ended up being a really touching lesson.

The video is so beautiful that I just had to share it here.