29 December 2011

Creeeeeeeeepy

With all the buzz going around about "Elf on the Shelf" this year over on Pinterest and Facebook, I realized that if we'd done that when my boys (especially Ryan) were younger, they would have freeeaked out! ---A doll that comes to life at night and gets into mischief while you sleep! Cute in a Toy Story movie...creepy in your own home! Not to mention it spies on you! I think my boys would have flushed it down the toilet. Or at least tortured it with a magnifying glass or push pins.

But now that he's older, Ryan looooves playing practical jokes and scaring people. For example: when we least expect it, he moves our cardboard cutout of Corey all around the house. Rob screams like a girl every time. (In his defense, it's 6 foot tall, and could be mistaken as a stranger in your house...or at least your son who's out on a 2 year mission and shouldn't be home!)

Ryan knows his dad hates sock monkeys so of course he had to buy one. Well, gee, no wonder Rob is freaked out by them! Apparently they show up when you least expect, and with WEAPONS waiting to scare the crud out of Dad when he goes for a toothpick!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the interest of a funny story I will permit certain aspects of this tall tale, but to scream like a little girl...no, didn't happen. I will admit to being startled and yelling out, sometime bad things. It's not funny because I believe my wife is in on it sometimes.

I don't even have to explain the fear of the creepy little monkey. It is something right out of a scary movie. -Rob

Emily said...

Hilarious! The post and the previous comment! Thanks for the giggles :)

Emily said...

Hilarious! The post and the previous comment! Thanks for the giggles :)